Monday 2 April 2012

London Baby!

Last week I went up to London for some training - for both my jobs and I managed to book them on consecutive days. Michael was also speaking at a conference the day before so we managed to book three consecutive nights in a hotel together :) It was lovely to spend some time together. After the conference on Tuesday we went for a walk down by London Bridge and then for a drink in the pub.





After that we then traipsed all the way to the strand looking for a chinese restaurant for dinner, and ended up in Wetherspoons!! Not our finest moment, although it was a tres bargain. We vowed to book the Frontline Club for the following day as Michael loves it there but I've never been. We snuggled up back at the hotel room with an episode of MasterChef on iPlayer....it's the little things we miss!

On the Wednesday I had some training in Islington and finished at 4, so I popped over to Oxford street! I bought two little dresses for £13 each, as the weather was gorgeous and I wasn't at all prepared! I was a rather sweaty mess to be honest and was due to meet Michael for a nice dinner so picked up another outfit. One is a white with narrow blue stripes in a stretch jersey, it's tight-waisted with a flared skirt so nice and flattering! The skirt is striped diagonally so good for slimming. The other is a loose cotton floaty number, with spaghetti straps and a drawstring waist. It has a peplum style frill along the bust line and is super comfy. Unfortunately there are no photos on the website for me to link to and my versions are in the wash... so no pictures!

The next tricky part turned out to be dinner - Michael had attempted to book online but it turned out that it hadn't gone through. So no Frontline Club for us! We did some googling at a nearby pub and settled on a City-Eating deal at Boulevard brasserie in Covent Garden. It was absolutely lovely - starters of calamari and foie gras, followed by Boeuf Bourguignon and then shared a creme brulee for pudding. All topped off with an enormous Kir Royale and coffee for less than £25 each! Lovely.

On Thursday I travelled over to the Institute of Psychiatry in Denmark Hill for training number two, and then met with my stunning friend Jessica for lunch in marble arch. We went to Wasabi and picked up a really yummy bento box with chicken and edamame beans. It was delish and made me wish we had one in Bristol!

All in all, a lovely (although tiring!) three days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment