Monday 2 April 2012

Cycling in the sun!

I have discovered a new love - it's cycling!!

Now that's not as cringe-worthy as it sounds.... While I do enjoy the normal things about it - getting out in the spring sunshine, fresh air etc, they're not the only (or in fact main) reasons. What I love about it is that I can do what I would normally do in a day, i.e. yesterday:- I worked all day in Cardiff and then went straight to the pub to work the evening shift. Normally, no time to go to the gym, so no exercise. But with the bicycle.....I cycled 7 miles! So I burnt nearly 500 calories AND got some fresh air.

Today I met my friend Helen for brunch at Tinto Lounge on Gloucester road, it was gorgeous; the staff couldn't be friendlier and the coffee and food was divine. What was better was that I cycled there and burnt off the calories of my bacon sandwich! I've been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to cycle between places in Bristol, and also how the hills don't seem quite so bad in practice as they do when you imagine them!

I also met Ellie at the King's Arms on Whiteladies road later in the day (more cycling and calorie earning thank you) and had two delicious Kir Royales for a very bargain-ous price of £3.00 each. I always love the decor here:


After a skype chat with my sister, what more could a girl wish for on a Sunday?

Oh, the house is still a mess. Oops.

1 comment:

  1. Wooow great flat !
    Visit my blog dear :)
    wiktoriabachowskaphotography.blogspot.com
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete